The Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO) is once again sponsoring a young woman on an educational opportunity at the International Peace Garden. FWIO invites applications from eligible candidates who are interested in this learning experience and in representing our provincial organization. The Peace Garden Scholarship is a partnership between the Federated Women's Institutes of Canada (FWIC) and the International Peace Garden. This exciting initiative will provide a leadership opportunity for a young woman from each participating province to take part in a one-week educational program at the International Peace Garden, located on the Manitoba and North Dakota border. All expenses such as travel, accommodation, and meals will be covered.
Please note the application deadline has been extended to APRIL 15, 2016.
August 21 - 27, 2016
- Young women between 18-22 years of age as of January 1st, 2016.
- Does not have to be a student.
- Community and volunteer experience are assets.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Leadership, marketing, social media, horticulture, public relations, the arts, inspiring others, and positive social change.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit a type-written essay (500-1000 words) describing your interest in one or more of the areas listed above and why this experience would be beneficial to you.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit one letter of reference.
The candidate selection will be by paper application only.
- Prepare and submit a report of your experiences during your week at the International Peace Garden to the FWIO Provincial Office.
- Make at least one presentation to a Women’s Institute group or conference.
- Represent FWIO and FWIC while at the Peace Garden in Manitoba.
Applications should arrive by mail no later than April 15, 2016 to:
FWIO Provincial Office
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON