Deadline: June 30th
This scholarship is provided for students furthering their formal education as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution (in their first year). For scholarships to be awarded, proof of enrolment must be received by the FWIO Provincial Office by September 30th. Scholarships are forfeited after this date and will be awarded to the alternate.
- For the 2017 scholarship, students must complete a 500-word essay, answering the question:
"Canada’s Sesquicentennial and the Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario’s 120th Birthday are both in 2017. What good qualities brought our great country and FWIO this far and how can these same qualities continue to lead us into the future?"
- Awarded on the basis of academic achievement upon entrance into the program. A transcript of marks for the most recent academic year showing the numerical grade average in percentage form for the complete year (e.g. 85%).
- Three signed reference letters from community organizers and/or high school faculty (no more than 2 from the school).
- Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen, a resident of Ontario, and a prospective high school graduate. Previous winners are not eligible.
- Full-time students entering their first year of studies at a post-secondary institution.
- Candidates may apply only once in any one year.
- When only one application is received, a grade point average of 75% must be attained for the full scholarship award. Half of the scholarship amount will be awarded for a mark under 75%.
Coming Soon: 2017 Application Form (PDF)