On March 8th, 2016 - International Women's Day - Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Finance Minister Bill Morneau announced that the Bank of Canada is undertaking a broad public consultation to select an iconic Canadian woman to be featured on the first bank note of its next series - to be issued in 2018.The deadline for nominations is April 15, 2016
- Apr 01, 2016
- Mar 17, 2016The Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO) is once again sponsoring a young woman on an educational opportunity at the International Peace Garden. FWIO invites applications from eligible candidates who are interested in this learning experience and in representing our provincial organization.
- Mar 10, 2016Wainfleet and Port WI Women in Niagara’s southern tier have a new opportunity to get involved!
- Feb 25, 2016
- Feb 25, 2016
- Feb 16, 2016Stoney Creek, ON – The Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO) is delighted to welcome Her Honour, the Hon. Elizabeth Dowdeswell, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario to celebrate the 119th Anniversary of the Women's Institute. A historical plaque will also be unveiled on this special occasion.
- Jan 18, 2016Each WI Area has been given copies of the book, “Quincy and His Quilt: a Northern Adventure”, as part of a special project to celebrate the 119th Anniversary of Women’s Institute. These books were to be shared with WI's within each Area. We are asking that you purchase a little teddy bear, make a small quilt or blanket, wrap it in an individual package and deliver it to a children’s hospital/ward, police department or fire department on February 19, 2016 - WI Day.
- Jan 18, 2016Through our partnership with Collette, FWIO has two exciting travel opportunities planned for this August! Are you attending the ACWW Triennial Conference in England?
- Dec 19, 2015The Annual General Meeting of the Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO) was held in Grimsby at the Casablanca Winery Inn on November 26th and 27th, 2015. It was a time to celebrate the accomplishments of the past year, enjoy guest speakers, welcome new Provincial Officers and thank those completing their terms.
- Nov 12, 2015November 12, 2015 Stoney Creek, ON – The Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO) is developing a Rural Women’s Health Support Initiative, thanks to funding from Community Foundation Grey Bruce. The $4,000 grant will be used to create innovative training workshops for rural women in Grey and Bruce counties. “The idea is women supporting women,” says Andrea Morrison, Program & Communications Manager for FWIO. “These workshops will be open to women in the community who are interested in health coaching.
- Jul 30, 2015Issue: The illegal use of High Density Discharge Headlamps (HID) and the danger associated with the use of them on our Roadways. Reasons:
- May 27, 2015A Strawberry Social will take place at the Erland Lee (Museum) Home on Saturday, June 27, 2015 from 1pm-4pm. Linda Ambrose will be available to sign her new book, “A Great Rural Sisterhood: Madge Robertson Watt & the ACWW”. Books will be for sale at a special price of $22.00.