In view of the COVID-19 pandemic and out of concern for our Members, staff and volunteers, FWIO would like to share the following with you:
- The Erland Lee (Museum) Home will be closed to the public until April 8th.
- This will protect our staff and volunteers. With schools and other venues closed, a potential increase in traffic to the Museum would pose a greater risk of exposure.
- Meetings and events scheduled at the Erland Lee (Museum) Home will be cancelled/postponed until April 8th.
- The FWIO Provincial Office will be closed to the public until April 8th.
- Staff at FWIO will continue to work their regular schedules and will be cautious of their surroundings and contacts outside of work hours in order that they remain safe from illness.
- All WI Branches, Districts and Areas are encouraged to postpone or cancel meetings and events until the threat of contracting or spreading the virus has passed.
- This will help protect our Members from increased risk of exposure.
- Branch Annual Meetings can be postponed until May.
- District WI Meetings scheduled for May can be postponed until June.
We will continue to monitor the situation and advise if further action should be taken after April 8th.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit: