The Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO), a non-profit charitable organization, is in search of an experienced Office Assistant to join our Provincial Office team in Stoney Creek, ON.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an organization that has been making a difference in communities across Ontario and around the world since its inception in 1897.
Located at the Erland Lee (Museum) Home, a National Historic Site of Canada, FWIO offers a unique workplace setting in an environment with caring staff and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in the non-profit sector and the desire to contribute effectively to a small office team.
- Ensures capable support to Staff, Board of Directors, Committees and Museum Volunteers
- Maintains and promotes a positive and professional office and team work environment
- Acts as the first point of contact for WI Members and the general public by phone and email, providing assistance as needed, or forwarding requests to the appropriate staff member
- Greets all visitors in a welcoming and friendly manner
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail and courier items
- Maintains membership database (Microsoft Access) and contact lists
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic records and filing systems
- Ensures procurement and maintenance of office supplies, services and equipment as requested
- Fulfills supply orders (FWIO resale) and the purchase of resale
- Organizes and keeps an accurate inventory of sales items (e.g. books, pins)
- Maintains stock of promotional material (e.g. brochures) and distributes upon request
- Prepares correspondence, such as thank you letters for donations
- Assembles welcome packages for new WI Members and prepares certificates for membership milestones
- Processes insurance requests for WI events
- Handles purchases in the Gift Shop as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Strong organizational and time management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to re-prioritize on short notice when required
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly effective at working independently and within a team in order to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times
Job Type: Part-time, 18 hours / week
Salary: $15.00 / hour
All applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 12, 2020. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FWIO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.