- Jun 26, 2015
- Jun 22, 2015On June 22, 2015, WI Members from Algoma Centre District (North Central Area) had an enjoyable day with ladies from the Michigan Association of Family and Community Education (MAFCE). They enjoyed the Museum and Botanical Gardens in De Tour Village, Michigan and had lunch at the beautiful Marina in DeTour.
- Feb 09, 2015From the organizational meeting on September 15, 1909, in a small brick house to the present time in our welcoming community centre, the ladies of our Institute have been a constant strength in our community. From the very beginning, the WI motto has guided our Members as they strive to provide a wholesome, healthy atmosphere for their families.
- Jun 13, 2013Burnstown WI’s “Fidget Blankets” have taken the area by storm!
- Dec 12, 2012There is nothing better than a summer excursion with the ladies you volunteer with! Our trips together are honestly something I look forward to each summer. It builds friendships on a different level than just volunteering, work and meetings...on a more personal level.
- Dec 12, 2012Pictured above: Members Marilyn Sararus and Kate Cressman, hostesses of the WI Tea Party, stand in front of the beautifully decorated table.
- Oct 14, 2011On December 5, 1960, a group of women on the outskirts of Perth got together and decided to create an organization called the Second Line Women's Institute (SLDWI). It is with great pride that the SLDWI is celebrating its Golden Anniversary (50th) this year. It is an exciting time. After all, how many organizations can boast that they are as active and progressive, are as old as
- Oct 14, 2011Here are 17 of the 24 Members at the celebration.