5 Ways to Use Fresh Apples
Sep 21, 2021
Fall is in the air, and apple-picking season is here! Apple-picking is such a fun activity for the whole family, and a great way to get outside and enjoy some fresh air together! But once you have your apple harvest, what are you planning to make with it? Don’t let those apples go to waste, and check out some of our favourite ideas below!
1. Apple Crisp. Apple crisp is a fall classic, and great for serving a crowd! Check out a great recipe here: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/apple-crisp/
2. Apple Muffins. These make a perfect breakfast or anytime treat! Here is a recipe for some wonderful spiced apple muffins: https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/apple-spice-muffins.html
3. Apple Cake. A simple apple cake is great with tea or coffee, and makes a lovely fall dessert. Check out a great recipe here: https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/french-apple-cake.html
4. Apple Loaf. This is great for snacks or breakfast as well! Check out this classic Dutch recipe here: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/dutch-apple-loaf/
5. Apple Pie. Of course, we couldn’t finish this list without including this fall favourite! You may already have a family recipe, but just in case you don’t, here’s a great one to check out! https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/perfect-apple-pie.html
We hope you enjoy these ideas! What are your favourite ways to use apples? We’d love to hear them!
By Kate at FWIO