Easy DIY Holiday Gift Ideas
Dec 7, 2021
Are you looking for some last-minute gift ideas? Then look no further! Homemade gifts are always appreciated, and many of them take only a little time and effort. They’re also a great way to save money and reduce your environmental impact this holiday season! Check out some of our DIY gift ideas below!
- Homemade canned items such as jams, jellies, chutneys, and preserves. These make wonderful gifts, and you can tailor them to suit the recipient’s taste! You can also decorate them with pretty Christmas labels and some ribbon to make it special!
- Baked goods. Who doesn’t love freshly baked cookies, especially during the holiday season? You can even do the baking in advance if you have time, and freeze the cookies until you’re ready to gift them! Put them in a cute holiday tin with a bow, and you’re good to go!
- Homemade sweets such as fudge, caramels, and chocolate truffles. If you enjoy candy-making, these are a great choice! They can also be made well in advance, and will keep well too!
- Homemade candles. These require a few crafting supplies but are probably easier to make than you think, and are well worth the effort! You can also personalize the candle scents by using different essential oils! Check out a basic holiday candle recipe here: https://www.swoonworthy.co.uk/2015/11/diy-christmas-candle.html/
- Homemade bath bombs. Again, these may require a quick trip to the craft store, but you will likely have many of the ingredients on hand already! You can change them up with different colours and scents as well! Check out a basic recipe here: https://abeautifulmess.com/homemade-bath-bombs/
- Knit or crochet gifts. If you love to knit or crochet, there are so many great gift options available to you! From cozy socks to hats, scarves, and mittens, there is sure to be something that everyone will love!
- Hand-sewn items, such as placemats, lap quilts, or aprons. Do you know any avid bakers? Why not make them cute aprons? Placemats to match someone’s kitchen décor are also a nice idea! If you love to sew, there are sure to be many easy projects that everyone on your list will appreciate!
We hope you enjoyed these DIY gift ideas! Are you making any DIY gifts this year? We’d love to hear your ideas too!