402 – 57 North Park Street
Brantford, ON N3R 6P1
ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SELECTION
- Assist Branches, Districts and Areas to promote WI in their communities.
- Use all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of FWIO
- Includes responsibilities of All Coordinators in the FWIO Handbook
- be in contact with Public Relations Coordinator at Branch, District and Area levels
- provide resources and encouragement at all levels
- maintain a file of current information about WI
- Review and update Public Relations manual as required and use all forms of media & communications to build, maintain & manage the reputation of FWIO
- refer to All Coordinators (FWIO Handbook)
Revision: January 9, 2019
Did you know that the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario has its own tartan? It was designed by member, Nelda Morrison, in honour of the WI’s 100th Anniversary in 1997.
The colours in the FWIO tartan symbolize the following:
White – snow and clouds
Gold – golden grain that sustained Ontario families in early years
Green – beautiful verdure so evident throughout Ontario
Red – red fruits grown in southern areas
Blue – cornflowers and other cultivated and wild flowers
Black – the trail of the black walnut that led early settlers to Southern Ontario
How to Order
The FWIO tartan can be ordered from:
Burnett’s & Struth Scottish Regalia
570 Bryne Drive
Barrie, Ontario L4N 9P6
Toll Free: 1-877-828-3232 (ask for Lisa)
The tartan is 100% pure wool and takes 12-14 weeks to arrive from Scotland.
Orders must be 11 metres minimum.
11 metres = $75.00 + tax per metre
30 metres = $62.00 + tax per metre
60 metres = $57.00 + tax per metre
The above information is current as of April 2018.
The Provincial Office has FWIO and ROSE banner displays available for rent for your WI events!
To rent a display, please complete and return the Banner Display Rental Form to the Provincial Office.
The following items are available for sale from Branches, Districts and Areas.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your products included.
|Product||Price||Contact Person||Contact Info|
|FWIO Window Decals||$5.00||Donna Jebbemail@example.com|
|FWIO T-Shirts||$15.00||Marie Dickensfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Note cards by a Local Artist||$8.00||Barbara Weeseemail@example.com|
|Blue Polo Shirts with WI Crest and Branch Name||$30.00||Marianne Vogelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|WI Name Tags (Oval-Shaped)
||$7.00 + shipping||Deborah Iretonemail@example.com|
|"WI Member Lives Here" Metal Sign
The following templates were designed to help you promote your WI in your community. You may edit anything you wish about these templates. Be sure to include your WI's contact information in the specified areas.
- Promotional Poster - Membership Recruitment
- Press Release Template
- Publicity Checklist
The FWIO brochure can be ordered through the Provincial Office or downloaded here.
- FWIO Brochure