Deadline: July 15, 2020
This scholarship is provided for students furthering their formal education as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution (in their first year).
- For the 2020 scholarship, students must complete a 750-word essay, answering the question:
"Women's Institute is 'For Home and Country'. What do you think Women's Institute can do to address climate change issues 'For Home and Country'?"
- Awarded on the basis of academic achievement upon entrance into the program. A transcript of marks for the most recent academic year showing the numerical grade average in percentage form for the complete year (e.g. 85%).
- Three signed reference letters from community organizers and/or high school faculty (no more than 2 from the school).
- Applicant must be a resident of Ontario, and a prospective high school graduate.
- Full-time students entering their first year of studies at a post-secondary institution.
- Previous winners are not eligible.
- Candidates may apply only once in any one year.
- For the scholarship to be awarded, the FWIO Provincial Office must receive proof of enrolment by September 30th. Scholarships are forfeited after this date and will be awarded to the alternate.
FWIO Provincial Scholarship Application Form - 2020 (Fillable PDF)