Get Involved at the Provincial Level of FWIO!
Are you a WI Member looking to share your talents, develop news skills and make great friends along the way? FWIO may have a Provincial Position that is perfect for you!
The following positions remain open following the 2017 FWIO Annual General Meeting, and the Board is able to fill these positions through one-year appointments.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact the Provincial Office at 905-662-2691.
- Coordinate and lobby the issues approved by the Provincial Board.
- refer to All Coordinators on pg. 25 #6 in the blue Member Handbook
- be informed about current legislation and issues
- with committee research, edit and consider resolutions submitted
- work with FWIO partners and Coordinators to develop and or strengthen resolutions and briefs
- brief/update Regional Board Directors responsible for the Area from which the resolution(s) originated
- present, sign and submit resolutions for consideration by the Provincial Board
- write an accompanying letter or brief and arrange a delegation as directed by the Provincial Board to the persons, departments, ministries or organizations concerned for their consideration and action
- ensure that the signature of the Provincial President is on the resolution
- follow up and report on resolutions sustained and not sustained with explanations to originator
- provide a report to the Provincial Board upon receiving responses to resolutions
- provide copies of each resolution sustained and the end result to the Provincial Office
- Follow the recommendations of the FWIO Provincial Board regarding sustained resolutions.
refer to All Coordinators
- Encourage the digitization of Tweedsmuir Histories.
- Work with the Erland Lee Museum Curator on the digitization of Tweedsmuir Community Histories.
- Be aware of the needs of the Erland Lee Museum Home and the Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario
- Take the lead on writing grants and work with the Provincial Bookkeeper, Administrator of FWIO and/or the Museum Curator
- Report to the Provincial President and Board for approval of grant application prior to it being submitted
- Meet the objectives of the Strategic Plan
- Protect the finances and assets of the organization
- Protect the image of FWIO
- Search for all possible grants
- Develop fundraising ideas
- Become aware of the criteria required for the grant application(s)
- Become aware of partner possibilities
- Manage honestly, in good faith, with care and diligence and in the best interest of the organization.
- Attend and have full voting rights at the Provincial Annual Meeting with expenses paid by FWIO
- Interact positively with individuals and groups outside the organization
- Attend webinars and/or recommended training sessions
- Forward a copy of all relevant correspondence to the Provincial Office
- Adhere to Provincial Policies
- Submit allowable expenses to FWIO Office
- Copies of the grant applications should be kept in a binder for future reference
- Original copies must be filed at the Provincial Office
- Ensure that all deadlines are met including the final report(s)
- Must have good writing skills
- Must have computer skills
- Be a member in good standing
- Must be nominated at the Area Convention
- Must be elected annually for a term lasting no longer than 3 years
- If no nominee is elected, the position may be filled by appointment of the Provincial Board
- Assist Branches, enthuse current members, recruit new members and help organize new Branches.
- refer to All Coordinators on page 26 #7 in the blue Member Handbook
- provide membership workshops as requested
- meet with Provincial Board at least once a year on request by either side
- may select and work with a committee
- refer to All Coordinators