Visit our Virtual Archives
Our virtual archives was started in 2016 thanks to the Documentary Heritage Communities Program of Library and Archives Canada. Many digitized Tweedsmuir Collections and other WI documents are now available for searching and viewing. More will be released on an ongoing basis after they are reviewed for privacy considerations.
WI Portal and Other Links to Digitized Tweedsmuirs & Minute Books
We have also created a portal, intended to bring together WI digital collections from other local collections across Ontario into a single discovery space. Some examples on the portal are the Aldershot and Nelson Tweedsmuir from the Burlington Library, Crosby from the Rideau Lakes Public Library and Iron Bridge from the Huron Shores Museum. The link is: http://wiportal.fwio.on.ca/search.
Some other sites with WI digital documents not available through the WI Portal are:
- Aldershot WI Tweedsmuir Histories
- Ayr WI, Central Dumfries WI , Dorking WI and Linwood WI Tweedsmuir Histories (Region of Waterloo Library)
- Elgin County Women's Institutes
- Grey County Women's Institutes
- Nelson Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Books
- Wellesley Women's Institute Minute Books
- Wellington County Virtual History Book
- Wilmot Township Tweedsmuir History Collection
University of Guelph - list of about 275 Tweedsmuirs that are on microfilm with a rating on their histories of individual farms.