WISH (WI Scavenger Hunt)
WI 125th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION EVENT
WI will celebrate its 125th Anniversary in 2022. Come join the fun and be part of this amazing WI Quasquicentennial Milestone!
Your Adventure Awaits
Introducing WISH (WI SCAVENGER HUNT). Commencing February 2022, your first Clue and Activity will be revealed. Your Team will receive Clues and Activities throughout the year, with the final Clue in November. Will your Team be ready to go? Which WI Teams will clinch the prizes?
The Theme of the Scavenger Hunt is “JUST HAVE FUN”
All WI members across the Province (including Associate Members) are invited to join in on the fun and friendly competition. Gather together your Team, complete the Entry Form and send it in by January 20th, 2022.
WISH has something for everyone, even your favourite kiddos can join in on some of the activities.
Prizes will be awarded throughout the event, culminating with a final prize presented to the winning Team in December 2022.
All the information about WISH and how to participate in this fun event is available on the FWIO Website at www.fwio.on.ca/wish. Any questions, please email email@example.com or contact one of the committee members listed on the Contact List.
COME JOIN THE FUN AND CELEBRATE WI!!!
WISH (WI Scavenger Hunt) WI 125th Anniversary Event (2022)
1. Each Scavenger Hunt Team will consist of 4 participants. Branches can enter more than 1 team. However, each team must include at least 1 WI Member from their Branch and at least 1 non WI Member. WI Associate Members may participate as a WI team member of a Branch in their area.
2. Each Team will select a Team Captain who will be the contact person for their Team. Contact email will be required for communication purposes.
3. Each team will create a Team Name for their group (5 extra points for the Team with the most creative name). A Zoom meeting will take place with Team Captains prior to the commencement of the Scavenger Hunt to review Terms/Rules & answer any questions anyone may have about the Hunt. See dates and times of meetings on Entry Form.
4. There will be a clue, each with an activity and a photo challenge provided in the following months in 2022 (February, April, June, August, October and November) for a total of 6 clues. Each clue/activity will be sent to the Team Captain via email by Wednesday of the first week of the designated month. Each clue/activity will also be available on the designated month, on the FWIO Website at fwio.on.ca/wish.
The clue/activity will also be published in the various WI Communications on their publish dates. Each clue/activity must be completed and received by 12:00 midnight on the last day of the designated month. For example, in February the deadline will be February 28, 2022, 12:00 midnight. Photos and activity information received after the deadline will not be eligible for that month.
5. The team captain or designated team member will snap a photo as instructed in each individual clue/activity and then send it along with their Story about the activity by the deadline. Go to the FWIO website at fwio.on.ca/wish, then click HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES on the Scavenger Hunt menu for the instructions. There will be points allotted to each clue/activity/photo challenge. Some clues/activities will have more points than others depending on the complexity of the challenge and some will have additional points. So if a Team does not get one of the clues/activity within a deadline they can just keep going to the end of the Hunt because they may still get enough points overall to win.
6. The total possible score for the Scavenger Hunt is 125 points. The Team with the highest number of points at the end of the Hunt will win the Scavenger Hunt and the grand prize for the 4 team members. Watch for the prize announcement coming soon. Decisions of the judges will be final. The winning team will be announced in December 2022.
7. By completing the Entry Form, all Team Members are agreeing to grant FWIO permission to publish any submissions, including photos and names. Plans are to use some submissions for various FWIO promotional purposes such as, but not limited to, digital and printed WI communications, sharing at various WI events, WI conventions and inclusion in WI Tweedsmuir Books etc.
8. Team members cannot pay for any of the items gathered during the Hunt (except Clue/Activity #4).
Most Importantly…JUST HAVE FUN!
TEAM MEMBERS: Have fun with your inner child
CLUE # 6 (up to 25 regular points)
“ IF YOU PERSEVERE AND REFUSE TO GIVE UP, YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH YOUR GOALS IN THE END “
Team Members, Identify the name of the Author in the above Clue. Then find a copy of one of the Author’s books that your Team feels best portrays this meaningful message, (check out your local Library).
Write a Poem (max 50 Words), in this “writer’s style” titled “Our Scavenger Hunt Shenanigans”. The poem must include the first name of all the Team Members and at least 3 made up words.
Send the poem along with a photo that includes all your team members. Include your chosen Book in the photo.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING YOUR TEAM PHOTO & STORY FOR CLUE/ACTIVITY #6
NOVEMBER 30th, 2022 12:00 midnight
CLUE # 5 (up to 15 reg points), (plus up to 5 bonus points) + up to 5 addt’l pts FOR COSTUMES
I lie beneath the golden Autumn skies bringing about a magical glow. Searching is half the fun especially when you find the perfect one !
OH MY GOURD! Lets carve out some fun and chase away the Ghouls & Goblins
(Ask your kiddos to join in on the fun)
ACTIVITY : Team Members, find your favourite pumpkin patch and hunt for a glorious pumpkin. Put your carving skills to the test . Create your best pumpkin face. (up to to 5 Bonus points for creativity of pumpkin face carving).
Once your Team has completed the task of carving put on your favourite Halloween costumes, snap a Team photo with your carved pumpkin(s) and send it to us along with your story. (up to 5 additional points for Group Costumes).
Your Team can choose to carve 1 pumpkin per team or each Team Member can carve a pumpkin, your choice.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING YOUR TEAM PHOTO & STORY FOR CLUE/ACTIVITY #5
OCTOBER 31st, 2022 12:00 midnight
WI 25th ANNIVERSARY - WISH WI SCAVENGER HUNT
CLUE # 4 (up to 15 reg points plus 5 bonus points)
AN ACT OF KINDNESS FINDS FRIENDSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP
PLAY & PAY IT FORWARD
Team Members, make a plan to meet at your favourite place to have a beverage. While purchasing your beverages designate one Team Member to pay for the person’s beverage behind them who is not a team member and is willing to play.
Once they accept and the Team Member pays for the beverage share in conversation with this individual that your Team is participating in a province wide WI Scavenger Hunt. Ask if they know about WI and ask if they would like a WI Bookmark. Share with them, one project or one initiative that your WI Branch currently supports in your community.
Ask the individual if you can snap a photo of the interaction. Send us the photo showing the interaction with the individual along with your story about the interaction. ( 5 Bonus points if the photo shows the individual accepting the WI Bookmark )
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING YOUR TEAM PHOTO & STORY FOR CLUE/ACTIVITY #4 SEPTEMBER 30th, 2022 12:00 midnight
Participant Instructions for Sending Your Photos and Your Stories for Scavenger Hunt Clues/Activities
- Click on this link to the FWIO Digital Collections home page and follow the instructions below.
- In the “Options” menu on the left hand side of the Digital Collections home page, click on “Share your story” near the bottom of the list.
- This opens two options. Choose “Upload a File”. This opens the fields for completion. Click on "Choose File" and then upload your picture from your device (it will take a few seconds to come up).
- TITLE – Type in the box your TEAM NAME and CLUE NUMBER of the current activity.
- DESCRIPTION – In the box, provide your team’s story and information on your picture about the current clue/activity that you are submitting. Your story and information on your picture can be as long as you would like. You can type in the box or you can copy and paste from another application.
- GEOGRAPHY – This provides where the story or picture took place.
- Click on arrow and then click on Canada
- Then click Province and then click on Ontario
- In ‘Add place(s)’, type the name of your COUNTY (NOT COUNTRY) that your Branch is in. A spinner will start – wait for a few seconds and you will get a list of places matching the name. Click on the one you want and it will be pinned to the map. (If needed, there are more instructions on the right hand side of the page.)
- CONTRIBUTOR – Type in the Team Captain's Name
- MY EMAIL – Type in the Team Captain’s email
- OK to make my name public – Choose Yes.
- UPLOAD – Click on upload to send your photo and story. This may take a few minutes. Please be patient and do not leave the screen.
- You will be given what you uploaded for a final review. Once you are ready, click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom. If you want to make changes, click on edit and you will return to the previous screen to make changes and choose ‘Update’ again.
YOU ARE ALL DONE! THANK YOU!
WISH (WI Scavenger Hunt) Committee
Linda Mitchell ….………...613-848-0220
Susan Cushing ……………705-778-2327
Anne Innes………………….519-475-6135 (or call or text 519-532-8969)
Linda Zelem………………..519-865-8536 (call or text)
Q. If my Branch enters more than 1 Team into the Scavenger Hunt, can I participate in more than 1 of those teams?
A. No, an individual (WI Member or non WI Member) can participate in only one Scavenger Hunt Team.
The goal of having a Branch create as many teams of 4 as they choose is to ensure all of their Branch Members have an opportunity to participate in one of their own Branch Teams while allowing for non WI Members to join the Team.
REMINDER: There can be more than 1 Branch WI Member on the Team and more than 1 non WI Member on each Team but there must be at least 1 of each.
In extenuating circumstances, exceptions may be considered by the Scavenger Hunt Committee. Our goal is to have every WI Member & Associate Member who wishes to participate and be part of a Team, to have the opportunity to do so. If you have any extenuating circumstances or questions about creating a Team please email the Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with a committee member on the Contact List.
Q. Why is the Scavenger Hunt participation at the BRANCH LEVEL only?
A. An individual (WI or non WI member), can participate in only one Scavenger Hunt Team.
WI members at all WI levels within the Province, (District, Area, Provincial), belong to a WI Branch and therefore will already be included as a WI Member in one of their own Scavenger Hunt Branch Teams. Thus, the Branch Level provides for the inclusion of all members at all WI Levels in one of their Branch Teams.
Exception: See Terms/Rules on the Scavenger Hunt Menu for Associate Members).
Q. Can children participate in the Scavenger Hunt Event?
A. While Children are not part of the Scavenger Hunt Teams, (unless they are currently a WI Member), there will be opportunities for children to join in and participate in some of the Scavenger Hunt activities.
Q. Will someone show me how to submit my Team photos and stories on the FWIO Digital Collections?
A. The Scavenger Hunt Committee Members will provide information and instructions during the Team Captain Zoom Sessions and will also provide any assistance needed at any time throughout the duration of the event. You can also click on “How to Submit my Entries” on the FWIO Website, Scavenger Hunt Menu. Here you will find easy to follow instructions.
Q. Who do I contact if I have any questions/concerns about the Scavenger Hunt before or during the event?
A. Contact the Scavenger Hunt Committee Members at this email: email@example.com
There is also a Contact List of all Scavenger Hunt Committee Members on the FWIO website Scavenger Hunt Menu.